Thursday, February 19, 2009

Looking Forward - "Ballast"



Very rarely are there movies that I simply know nothing about. I don't mean to come off as cocky, but if a trailer makes it to Apple's trailer section then there's a good chance I've heard something. With "Ballast" I've heard nothing. All I know is that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Visually, the film looks like it was photographed, rather than shot. And it is so refreshing to see a quiet trailer. There seems to be a nobility and a confidence in its lower volume which really attracts me to the project. I don't know when or if this movie will ever be in theaters. I can only hope to see it in a few months on Netflix, but until then I'm just looking forward.

1 comment:

David said...

For one the movie looks amazing, but for two, I completely agree about the silence thing in the trailer. I've actually noticed it with movies in general, that it's so hard to find a silent moment in a movie anywhere.