Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shot of the Day - 03/30/10

I first got them in the twilight of 2006, and ever since, they have proven to be one of the best pairs of headphones I've ever had the pleasure of owning. They've been through girlfriends, jobs, new apartments, and new schools. No matter what the conditions, they continuously provided a solid stream of high dynamics without asking for anything in return. In honor of the time we spent together, I had them play one last song for me. As the final notes of "Televators," by The Mars Volta, came through the headphones, it seemed as if each note was just a bit cleaner, and a bit crisper than it had ever been before. They were a wonderful pair of headphones, and even better for putting up with my abuse. So, it is to you, AKG K-66, that I say goodbye; you have, quite literally, played the soundtrack of my life. Thank you.

No comments: