Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Magic Burn of Low Prices

Son: "Dad! My eyes are burning. Why?"
Dad: "That's the burn of low prices son. That's America."

I've recently moved into a new apartment and I quickly realized I'm missing quite a few living essentials. Plates, cups, silverware, cleaning supplies in general, and so on. I was going to go to [insert big name store here] but on the way there I saw a dollar store and thought "lets give it a whirl." I got inside and the first thing I noticed was a burning sensation in my eyes. Next I noticed the patrons had sad and defeated looks on all their faces. As I browsed the aisles I was surprised to find a lot of things I actually needed. Not only did I need them, but they were actually a dollar. It really was row after row of mass produced crap though. Like I said, I did need some of it, but the way it looked I'm guessing the stock of the store changes weekly based on what fell of wal-marts boat on the way to the states. It was an interesting experience and I'll go back one of these days but for now I got everything from there I could think of and I could also do without the burn in my eyes.

No comments: