Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hello internets

Hello internet, I'm not sure if you have parents, I've heard that Al Gore is at least a distant relative, so maybe you understand, parents can be not so awesome sometimes. I'm sure we've all realized eventually that all those times a parent said "you'll appreciate this someday" they were probably right... but at the time, ugh. I just got off the phone with my Dad, wow do I feel like crap. I probably deserved it, and it is sad that even with 100 moments of kindness and understanding, it only takes one moment when the mask slips off and you say something to your kid that really hurts to really tip the scales. I'm sure parents feel the same way about the things us kids can say sometimes. To quote Flight Of The Conchords "it's a fork in the road, but it cuts like a knife."

No comments: