Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Waiting to be molded...

I was up pretty late last night... again. I was working on a couple projects (and by projects I mean [insert anything besides work here]), and I wanted to take a break, so I went to the porch. I turned on the porch light and stood outside marveling at fresh blanket of snow covering everyting. I was trying to think about why the sight always made me so happy, then I figured it out. In the early morning, when there's a fresh layer of snow that hasn't been touched by humanity yet, it's like a fresh canvas for the world, like we have the chance as a species to try again, like we get another chance, a world waiting to be molded. What's more comforting than realizing you've got another chance to get it right.

2 comments:

Kate Spinillo said...

Thank god for chances.

Dedric said...

Sounds like just what you needed.