Saturday, August 16, 2008

Give 'Em Something To Talk About

When I talk to people about how their lives are going, and how they've been doing, the conversation inevitably leads to relationships. Rarely does anyone have anything good to say. Part of me just doesn't want to hear about the hook-ups, break ups, let downs, and bastard men. But another part of me, maybe the masochistic part, wants to hear every gory detail. As these things go, I actually do want to talk about it. I want to know that I'm not crazy. I want to know that is all those other jerks fault. I want to know that for all the bitches, and all the bastards in the world, I'm just fine. I want to know that other people have hit the shit. I want to know that it hurts. But I want them to be happy. I want to be happy. I want to know that they're going to be happy. I want to know that there aren't any bitches or bastards left. I want to know that there was some kind of toxin released into the air and all the asses are dead, and all that remains are the cool people. When I decided that I was going to start writing in my blog again, I told myself that I wasn't going to talk about this crap anymore. Here we are though. Maybe because it's a universal truth that relationships can suck. But however rare it may seem to me know, I would also like to believe their is a universal truth to be found in the happy couple. Ah well, I'll let ya know when I get there.

No comments: