Saturday, August 30, 2008

Who Wrote This?

I am not a fan of almost anything top 40, but I do like to know what's going in the music world. As of late there's been one man that keeps popping up on the top 40 that just knows how to push my buttons in all the wrong ways. That man is Kanye "Owe My Jaw" West. Currently, he's a featured artist in a song by a lady calling herself Estelle. The song is called "American Boy" and I put the youtube video below. Something about the song has been nagging at me. Estelle's chorus sounds freakishly like an 80's synth-pop song. I don't know which one specifically, but it sounds like it could have been Blondie, or even Tom Tom Club. I was doing some research and supposedly it's all original though. I don't know, either way, as much as I may not like it, it's very catchy. Damn you MR. WEST!

No comments: