Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quite the evening

Yesterday was something. It started very early in the AM coming home from St. Joseph County fair. Got back home, went to class, came home and tried to sleep but stupid roommates were doing whatever they do and I was getting really frustrated. Luckily I had "Wizard's First Rule", which I can read anytime and almost instantly get sucked into the book and away from the rest of my life. To my surprise, and a very pleasant surprise it was, my friends Kate and Heather popped by, originally to give me my bag from the night before and to drop off an apple (Thanks Heather :-D). Anyways, one thing led to another and we ended up getting a generous sampling of a couple different kinds of beer and taking it back to their place. You might be asking yourself "but JD... wasn't that a Tuesday night? did not all three of you have class the next day?" you would be correct in your thinking. All I know is Tuesday might not be the best party night, unless there's some kind of time warp and Tuesday becomes the day preceding Saturday and Sunday. Except for some worrying for my friend I did later that night it was a blast. I've thought about what those "priceless" moments really are. The moments that can't be bought, the moments that go as fast as they had come. Standing in my best friend's kitchen, drinking Dirty Bastard Ale and laughing so hard it hurts. I wouldn't trade those moments for the world. Those moments that keep your head above water, the moments that remind why you wade through all the shit life has to dish out. It's a beautiful thing :-D

No comments: